Friday, November 8, 2013

A Penny for Your Thoughts......



Heya Toads! Its me Herotomost making the mad dash to pull together a Friday challenge that is worthy of your poetry prowess....you have no idea how hard that is with the amazing talent that we have here right in our own garden.

The other day I was thinking (that's where it all starts to unravel as you well know) about the relationships that we have to one another in this vast and sometimes crowded place we call the internet. I think of you all as my good friends or at least awesome acquaintances even though the only way I know you is via small profile pics (and some of those aren't really you), your written words or the little bit of personal information you divulge in our occasional or in some cases, more than occasional online conversations of blog perusals.  I have, in my own head, and from this intermittent information, deduced a picture of what you might be like and who you might be (a super lovely bunch I have to say).  Sooo...this is a little experiment aimed at seeing just what you might think about who I am or what I am about.  You may say to yourself...

"Well......Mr. Herotomost, that seems a little like you are fishing for compliments or something of that nature and I am not looking to make your head any larger than it already is."



That my dear toads, is not the point.  Its more of a social psychological writing experiment to see how empathic we all might be with such a small amount of personal information. The challenge is to take one or two things you know about me and write honestly about what I would do, how I would be, or what I am like based on the information you know about me.  Do it honestly even if you think it may hurt my feelings or may explode my ego to beyond universal proportions. I want to see how close everyone comes in their assessment to what I think and feel about myself, which also may not be an accurate reflection as we well know from things like American Idol tryouts. I will respond to each one with an indication of whether I agree or don't agree and why.  It could be dangerous for me, it could be fun, but mostly its something different, which is what I strive for.  Make me cry, laugh, curse, whatever the case may be. For those of you that don't really know me at all, feel free to go to my Blog Mexican Radio or Facebook page (Corey Rowley) and have a look around and blow me away with your psychic skills.



If this challenge makes you feel queasy or nervous at all, please skip it and I will catch you the next time around, or just write me something new of your choice and post if for the world to see. As always, this can be poetry, prose, novel, recipe, calendar entry...I am not picky, except I need you to follow a 2324459877678765 syllable pattern...Psych!!!!!! Just kidding, no particular format.

I now leave it in your capable hands and brace myself for the ugly truth. I love you all and wish all for you an extremely happy and healthy weekend.




17 comments:

Susan said...

This feels loaded to me, sort of like taking the hot chair in an acting class or walking out of the room for a minute at a bar. In this case, following a prompt at dVerse poets pub, I googled. Googlism doesn't know Herotomost, but Google does.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Didn't know you had that tattoo...

Anonymous said...

Might have to wait on this one. I'm limited to my phone for FB during the day. When I tried finding you, I found the most redneck person in the world--profile photo with dead geese and deer heads mounted behind him. I'm guessing you wouldn't recognize yourself from that snippet.

Marian said...

you are asking for it, Corey.

Anonymous said...

I don't know nuthin. 'Specially after a few of these.

Herotomost said...

This is turning out to me my fave prompt so far.....

Maude Lynn said...

Must ponder . . .

Anonymous said...

Susan, not sure if my comment made it to your page - I vote keep them.

Susan said...

Thank you, Grapeling.

Kay L. Davies said...

Love that particular syllable pattern. Will get to work on it right away.
Meanwhile, am trying to forget I accidentally read Susan's submission. I seldom read the others before I write my own, but hers came up on my list of blogs I follow before I saw your challenge on Real Toads. (My own fault.)
K

hedgewitch said...

I'm under the weather today Corey, but I am thinking of you poetically, and when true consciousness returns, if ever, I will try to get back to an ode to Corey Joe, though it may be a topic too deep for me. ;_)

Susie Clevenger said...

Corey, are you brave or insane? lol I have a feeling the toad are going to let you have it..but in a good way. :)

Hannah said...

Oh, sorry you're not feeling well, Hedge...rest and heal.

Corey! This was a gutsy go of a challenge! I had fun pooling the you-ness into a poem today. Thank you!

Plus, if you guys didn't notice the sidebar message box thing-y has a link and talks about a contest I'm in...if you're interested. ;)

Herotomost said...

Wow, this was too fun....It seems I scared a few people away but holy cow....You Toads killed it and made me smile with every word! As in Kerry's poem, I may just have to take you all on a road trip...now that would be somethin'.....oh yeahhh.

"Girls, I am going to Harvard..."
"Like on Vacay?'
"Road Trip, we should all go!"

That little quote from Legally Blond was playing in my head all day yesterday!!! Not sure if its exact, but thats what it feels like...lol. thanks so much for being Toads, I love you all! and Hedge....It was probably all the pictures of me that made you sick...sorry.

Ella said...

Corey!
I have started it, but not finished~
I must run to a local fundraiser, but I will return to post mine and bask in the glory of Corey worship~
*smiles*

Margaret said...

I had my son is junior in college and a drama major - his play was this Friday and we had a horse show (last of the season) today (Saturday) I'm exhausted, but… am going on a date with the hubby tonight. I have yet to read these poems and look forward to doing so. It WAS a fun prompt and sorry to have missed it. I hope to catch you next month!

Fireblossom said...

Mine's up!!!